Friday, October 15, 2021

Tips for TI4: The Yssaril Tribes


 The final group I'll talk about is one I've never played but know exactly how I'd win. I made the mistake of telling my nephew this when he got the race and almost ended up losing the entire game because of the free tip. 

This race is super unique. For an action, they can....discard an action card. 

Why is that big you ask? Because you're stalling for the other players to pass. That was, when you use your Strategy card for the round, no one else will have the ability to take advantage of it either. Insanely powerful if used correctly. 

At the top of the round when everyone gains an action card you gain an extra one to look at and choose which one to keep. (this is a sneaky, sly species you're dealing with)

And finally, unlike all the others who have a limit to how many Action Cards they can have in their hands, you have NO limit, no matter what law or condition is passed. That's pretty big too. So to put it simply, action cards are your path to victory here. No other race can say that. 

These guys are all about spying. If you ever attack them and their Commander he been unlocked, be ready to have to share EVERYTHING with them. Action Cards AND Secret Objectives. What they do with the information afterwards is up to them. 

Sell it to the highest bidder? Blackmail you to keep their mouth shut? Warn others they have an alliance with of what you're up to? 

And on top of that I have a no strategy I'd add to all that if I were to play them. I'd make something up. That's right, I'd lie about what they had. Either to sow distrust, or place an unfair "black mark" upon that player where no one will ever want to deal with them again. There's endless possibilities on where you could go with it. 

And the Hero action is soul crushing. 

When activated, every player must offer you one Action Card from their hand. If you don't keep it, you can randomly destroy 3 other Action Cards in their hand. Thereby forcing players to give you a decent card or suffer losing 3 crucial cards they were hoping to help them out during the game. 

I'm telling you, Fantasy Flight Games is pure genius. 

Well folks, that's all I got! Thanks for letting me ramble so much about my favorite game! Let's do it again some time soon! (like next week?)


No comments: