Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Time Stories Revolution: The Hadal Project


 NO SPOILERS

In this first adventure into the Blue Cycle you travel back to the year 2099 NT (I say "back" because you start farther in the future) to stop a virus from killing everyone on earth. 

Wild they came up with this story in 2019 huh?

Anyway, you're a team trying to find the cure and to do that, they game switches a few things up and gives you another way of playing Time Stories you never really thought of before. In fact, I thought it was quite genius myself!

I will had it to the franchise, I'm amazed at how they continue to amaze you with different ways to change up the basics of the game. Its what makes it so exciting for me today!

And though these are all individual adventures with NO over-arching meta story like in the last season (Also referred to as the "White Cycle") it isn't exactly true. There are trace elements of the meta story that you'll only experience is you play with a companion expansion to the game (which I'll talk about later this week)

Overall, I thought this story was good and a solid game. One of the things I failed to mention the blue cycle has is the EXCELLENT "interaction cards" 

Now, when you talk to a character on a card each and everyone of the players could (and most likely will) have a different discussion with them. For example, I may talk to this kids on the street who just sticks his tongue at me and walks away, while the next person does it and the kid decides to give him information....or an item!!!

I REALLY like that. And it takes the game to an entirely new level. Now one card doesn't say the same thing to anyone who accesses it. You may have several people who need to talk to an individual before getting the most out of the situation. 

Pretty smart. 

This expansion is well down and worth playing if you're interested in the series.  

No comments: