Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tips for TI4: The Winnu

 

Another race I find well balanced like the Barony in a lot of ways. 

Taking over Mecatol Rex doesn't require 6 influence at first and when you gain Rex you place a PDS cannon and Space Dock on it. Making the center of the planet your main objective early in the game. 

But where they begin to shine is with their leaders. The Commander gives you a +2 in ALL combat rolls when on Rex and the Hero let's you take advantage of someone's primary strategy card. 

I know it doesn't sound like much but for me, this race matches my gameplay to a T!!

The first thing I try to do is grab Rex early. Because pretty soon the entire galaxy will be fighting over it in no time. But if the Winnu get it first....they'll never give it up. The key is, you need the Commander unlocked as quick as possible or you're doomed. 

I love the Winnu. There's only one way to win the game and that's a strategy shared by all players. You however, are the only one with an advantage when controlling it.  

No comments: