Monday, October 25, 2021

TI4 Tips: Legendary Planets


 Are they worth it?

My answer is: No. 

Yes they give you benefits every round you continue to occupy them and if I had one next to me, I'd surely get it. But there's no way I'm going out of my way to control them. They simply aren't worth the effort. 

Yet because of their minor bonuses, people fight over them all the time. I think it was a smart "red herring" for players dumb enough to fall for it and in my games, it does. 

The brilliance of this game is that it entices you to go after certain things that do not tie to the objectives in the game. Serving more as a shiny bauble to distract you while the game is being played. There's a lot of that in the game and I love it. 

This week, I'll be talking about a few more "herrings" you should avoid. 

No comments: