Thursday, October 07, 2021

Tips for TI4: The Federation of Sol


 The only humans in the game and (what I feel) are the weakest of the bunch. That's not to say you can't win with them. I did. But it was without much help from their abilities to do it. 

You can spend one strategy token to place any 2 infantry onto a planet you control and you get one additional command token back per round. This is nice, but it's a tech that everyone will eventually get early on in the game so it doesn't give you that much of an advantage. 

The Commander allows you to place an infantry on one planet you control (per phase) and the Hero let's you take back all of your command tokens from the board and place them back onto your board. 

This doesn't really impress me unless you have some big crazy plan to mobilize your troops again. I used it after everyone started passing at the end of the phase, so that I could essentially get another turn uninterrupted by others. That was nice and it was a very productive round for me but overall I didn't feel like they were that powerful or balanced to begin with. 

So as for strategy, I guess take Rex and pray you can stock it with enough troops until trouble starts coming your way. I was lucky in the game I played with them because the other 4 players in the game got too involved with their own conflicts that they forgot about me fortifying Mecatol Rex before it was too late. 

If I get them again, I'll gladly accept the challenge but I really hope that doesn't happen when playing against my very tactical nephew. 

No comments: