Thursday, October 21, 2021

TI4 Strategy Cards: 5 and 6


 5) Trade

When should you get it? When you need trade goods. 

Why should you get it? ....... with card #4 I also never have chosen 5. But a lot of people love having that extra trade and I admit it will give you extra resources in the game if you're running short but to me that's just poor planning (or rushed thinking) on the player's part. I always know how much I'll need and what I can get from round to round. I don't try to rush things because then I take my mind off the objectives of the game. I think it's a mistake to choose this card unless you really have no better option to gain resources with. 

6) Warfare

When should you get it? As many times as you can. 

Why should you get it? The ability to take back one of your command tokens on the board and re-activate a system is crucial to any gameplay. It technically allows you double movement on an army of your choice. I love this card. If I'm not sitting on Rex, I'll choose this card first when given the opportunity. 

No comments: