Thursday, October 14, 2021

Tips for TI4: The Xxcha Kingdom


 Another classic race from the base game that I have yet to play but want to because I think EVERYONE who's played them before completely ignore their advantages in the game. 

For instance, after every vote, you can gain control of a planet that has no forces on it. Which is literally most of the planets in the game. The ensures you are always taking a new planet every round without any effort on your own. 

Also (concerning politics) whenever an agenda is picked to vote for that you don't like, you may spend a strategy token and have them select the top agenda off the deck instead. You have that much political sway that any outcome that doesn't look like it's going your way you can defeat the law ever going up for vote. 

But when the political phase comes.... I don't see anyone playing with this group take advantage of it. Your Commander gives you a +1 vote for each planets Influence and your Hero can revoke a law in play, draw 5 agenda cards and vote (all alone) on both of them during the game. 

I think the problem is that no one thinks you can win this game through politics and nothing could be further from the truth. If I had this race, I would DOMINATE the agenda every round to my advantage. And that Hero action could be a game winner depending on what laws you pull from the 5. 

Probably 3rd on my list of races I hope to play one day. If for nothing more than to show the others how poorly under estimated they were about them. 

No comments: