Friday, November 02, 2018

BBC Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawntreader

After watching the first one I went ahead and checked out the sequel, which actually combined both books.

I think this was a good idea because Prince Caspian doesn't have that much of a plot (which is why Disney felt it had to add all that extra horrible content to their movie)

The original cast of children are brought back and it's done pretty well. Warwick Davis plays the roll of Reepicheep but sadly doesn't even mention it in his autobiography which came out a few years ago. I'm not sure why he skipped over it because (to me) that's a pretty unique role to play and something I would've bragged on to be sure.

Also (without me catching it the first time) the actress who played the White Witch has a short cameo that you won't recognize her in due to makeup and using a completely different voice. That was pretty neat to find out in the credits.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader was good as well. The use of costumes and set design were spot on. The dragon is still my favorite thing from this series because as a kid, you believed it though it didn't look real.

The whole movie had a "Fairey Tale Theatre" charm I really got in to.

Ok folks, have a great weekend!

No comments: