Wednesday, November 21, 2018

2018 Top 100 Vintage Games of all time! (#30-21)

 #30 Star Wars Duels

Falling completely off my regular board game list and even dropping one spot on the vintage list is not a good sign. But it's a way more realistic ranking for a game that's imbalanced. I don't see this one dropping that much next year, but I doubt it'll go up.
 #29 Liar's Dice

A great game. Easy and fun to play. The more I play it the more I like it. It dropped slightly on the list from last year but I think it should hold it's ground next time around, maybe even shoot up a few more spots!

 #28 It From the Pit

Wildly popular with my gaming group. I have to admit, the only reason it dropped this year was that I was getting tired of it a little. I don't predict it going down again in next year's list.

 #27 Fireball Island

My grail game. Loved it as a kid. Love it now. It moves down in anticipation for the new release coming out soon!!! When that happens, I predict it'll shoot up into my Top 10 vintage games or make it into the regular list. Really looking forward to the newer version to come in!

 #26 Trump

Not strong enough to stay on my regular list so it moved to the vintage list, where it thrives. Not sure if it'll go up or down, but since I have to make a prediction, let's say it climbs one or two spots next year and continues to make this list great again!

 #25 TV Wars

Love this game. It got bumped down a few spots only because of an issue I found with it on our last play. (as discussed on YouTube) It may be unfair to hold that against the game but that being said, one good play of this will shoot it right back up to its original ranking. (or close to it)

 #24 Star Trek

It's been almost 30 years since this game came out and in my opinion, it's still the best Trek game out there! It dropped slightly on the list this year because Megan no longer likes to play it but I don't see it dropping much next year, especially if I don't add that many new games to the list.

 #23 Mr Creepy's Tomb of Doom

Shooting up the list, this is still a game Megan and I love to play. I'm really shocked I love it so much since it's such a simple game. I predict it shoots up a little more if we can it to the table as often as we did this year.

 #22 Bas-Ket

Great 2-player game that dropped a tad because I didn't get a chance to play it this year. If I can correct that in 2019, it'll stay in the 20s but if I don't it may drop another 10 spots.

#21 How to Succeed in Business Without Even Trying

This one moved up a list this year and looks like it could jump into my Top 20 next year with a few more plays! I love the broadway show and I love the game just as much!

No comments: