Friday, November 16, 2018

2018 Top 100 Vintage Games of all time! (#60-51)

 #60 Shark Attack

Quick fast and easy to teach, this is a simple game. It slipped a little from last year's list and its simplicity could have it slide a little more in 2019. I predict it'll fall 5 more spots at the least!

 #59 Escape the Mad Mummy

Another fast game of chucking dice and moving around the board as fast as you can. The spinning die in the middle is still an awesome feature but the dice make the game aggravating at times. Our last game had us getting captured repeatedly by the mummy and not being able to move until we altered the rules a bit. That put a bad taste in my mouth and I had to drop it a little. Not sure if it's done dropping, guess I'll find out next year!

 #58 Bazaar

Like I said in my review, oddly enough it's a newer game that killed this one on my vintage list. Century Spice Road does what this game does, but better. For that reason it may not get played next year which will send it tumbling on my list once again in 2019.

 #57 Block the Clock

Another game I forgot to put on my YouTube list last month! Great game, especially with our house rule that one player plays for 30 seconds all alone to see if they can keep the clock running. If played in the right group this could move up the list a little further next year!

 #56 Wildstorm Set 1

I love this game. But it's just "Battle" with Super Hero cards. Loads of good memories and no one to play with may sink this one once again for next year. But if I can get an enjoyable game? Oooohh...

 #55 Legend of Zagor

HOW could I forgotten to add this one to my list on YouTube?!?! I love electronic games! And while this one isn't the best in my collection, it's still good enough to make it close to the halfway spot on my list. Problem is, I'm not sure my nephews will want to play it again. That would be a problem for this game and send it tumbling. Also, I have better games in this theme which also means it may drop a little come 2019.

 #54 Smurf's Ahoy

Though it dropped a few spots on the list from last year I don't expect that to happen again. This is a fun game that's easy to set up and quick to play. It may shuffle back up the list a few spots next year if it continues to get played.

 #53 Crocodile Hunter

This game moved up my list this year and may jump again in 2019. It's more fun after each play. I can see it continually rising every year!

 #52 Bargain Hunter

Like I said on YouTube, this one got hit hard due to adding Mall Madness to my collection. If this one doesn't get played next year it'll take another major drop on the list.

#51 War of the Networks

Falling just outside of the Top 50, this fun game about running a TV Network may drop a few more spots next year but stay in the 50s on my list.

No comments: