Wednesday, November 28, 2018

2018 Top 100 Vintage Games of all time! (#10-1)

 #10 Masterpiece

Welcome to to Top 10! This game is SOLID. After playing it again this year with my nephews I enjoyed so much that it's here in my Top 10. It's hard to say if it can move up much further but even if it drops, it should be more than a few spots.
 #9 Nerts

This card game stayed in the Top 10 this year though it didn't get played. However, if I go another year without playing it, it's going to take a hefty fall on the list. I hope that doesn't happen.

 #8 King Oil

Another game that dropped slightly but held in Top 10 once again. I don't see a scenario where it leaves the Top 10 next year either.

 #7 Thunder Road

Another game that dropped from #2 on the list but just last the last game I discussed, I don't see it falling out of the Top 10 either in 2019.

 #6 Campaign Trail

For all the reasons in my YouTube video this former #3 slipped down a few spaces. The biggest threat to its ranking is if it gets to the table. It was lucky this time, but if a yer comes where it doesn't get played it'll drop from my Top 10 entirely.

 #5 McDonalds

Down goes the champion from 2017. Though no longer holding the top spot on my vintage list, I can safely predict this game remains in my Top 10 going forward. 

 #4 Omega Virus

Boy did this game take off since last year! Like I've said before, I love electronic games and to me, this is one of the best! AND now that I know a shorter time makes for a bigger challenge, I'm all up to playing more often in the coming new year. Though I'm doubtful it'll move any further up the list, it'll be hard fought for a game to beat it, newcomer or not.

 #3 Pro-Action Football

The newest game in my collection that made it the highest in its debut on the list! Wild because I hate soccer but LOVE this game! If it continues to make it to the table, it'll stay where it's at and "could" even take a higher spot if one of the 2 games above it slip.

 #2 Can't Stop

Classic push your luck game that is always a joy to play! Another recent game that was transferred to the "Vintage" list this year and has greatly benefited from it by almost making it to the top! Another game that will remain solid in the Top 5 but will it stop at 2nd place? Who knows?


#1 Ebay

When it transferred to the list I the knew it'd be a Top 10 game but after playing it more, I realized it had to be my new #1. I love bidding games, I love electronic games and this fits the bill in both categories!

Can it hold on for back to back victories? My guess is....yes. But if you think about it, that's exactly what I said about the McDonald's game and look where that is right now.

Until next year!

No comments: