Thursday, November 11, 2021

TI4 Tips: Forming the Galaxy (Part 4)


 Wormholes

They can get you around the galaxy quick. Most folks (if they have two of the same worm hole) place on my Mecatol Rex and the other next to their home planet. 

I do the first part of that strategy but change the latter to at least 2 tiles away from my home planet. The reason? I don't want whoever's the new owner of Mecatol Rex to come after my home planet next. A lot of people forget about that. 

Of course, once I placed the same type wormholes next to two players on the board which made tensions rise between the two and serve as an excellent strategy in diverted both players from the objectives. 

In fact....I'd do that from here on out if dealt the right hand. 

Space

Some tiles are just bland space and I hand those out to other players to slow the growth of their empire. It's an obvious tactic that everyone in the game uses so it's nothing new. Once we surrounded Rex with space tiles (which is illegal) but I let it stand because I thought it was funny.  

No comments: