Monday, November 22, 2021

TI4 Tips: Action Cards

 

This week (the final week, I promise) I'm going to get a few remaining tips on the game. 

First off is Action Cards. 

You can have a limit of 7 (unless you're race allows you more) and they can do a whole range of things like helping you, or hurting others. You can even play them for other players (which almost certainly will happen when people are cheering for you in a battle)

I love this because it makes everyone an active participant in the battle in a way. 

To me, the best one's say "Action" on them, which means you play it as your turn for the round. The reason I like this because it's a great way to stall and see what others are planning or being able to hold your initiative card till the very end where no one can take advantage of it. 

Also, you want to pay attention to what cards you have in your hand at all times. I admit, this has led to a few boneheaded plays on my part from time to time when playing the game. 

No comments: