Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Around the World in 80 Days (Novel review)


 Last month someone on my YouTube channel asked me if I'd ever read Jules Verne and what I thought about him, 

I didn't even know who he was. 

But later when I learned he wrote this book (or which I have and LOVE the board game to) I decided to read it. 

I loved it. 

It's short, with a lot of memorable and funny moments through it. It's basically about man's obsession with time. The protagonist, Fogg, is an interesting man, who manages his time better than his money to win a wager to get around the world in 80 days. 

There's a neat twist in the end I didn't see coming and the whole adventure (while short) was very enjoyable. I'm glad I finally got around to reading it and wish I'd read it years ago as a kid. I may have enjoyed it even more. 

No comments: