Friday, January 18, 2019

Top 100 (2019 predictions) #80-71

 #80 Mississippi Queen

I called it last year when it was #85 when I said it was slowly moving up river on my list. I think this year it make slip a little but remain on the list at the end of the year. For such a slow racing game the play time is surprisingly fast!

 #79 Niagara

From #59 last year and #20 the year before this games main problem is the troublesome (yet awesome) river feature on the board. If it weren't so fiddly, this game would still be in my Top 30. I know that sounds petty but it's aggravating to have such a cool idea be so poorly executed on the board. If it's not careful, this game my fall over the "100" river never to be seen again.

 #78 Desperadoes of Dice Town

Every time I play the game, I love it more. For that reason, I'm predicting this one to move up my list in 2019! Simple dice game that's so much fun to play and quick to set up for a last minute game!

 #77 Formula E

If Megan plays this and likes it, it moves up. If she doesn't, than I think it moves down yet not off the list. Though if I were to ask some of my nephews, they may vote this game over Formula D!

 #76 Papa Paolo

This one's hard to tell. I believe it slips a few spots due to newer games entering the list but the theme and game play are so great, it could stick around in the 70s if it's good enough.

 #75 Biblios Dice

Ooh, down from #67 this game will drop another 10 to 12 slots but stay on my list. I love dice drafting and moving markers up several tracks. I don't understand why Biblios gets more love than this one which I think is far superior.

 #74 Navegador

I forgot to mention in my video how I love the way the market fluctuates in the game. This really is a gem of a game but I believe it drops a few more spots later this year all the same.

 #73 Hollywood

The "Dream Factory" killer! Solid card game and one of very few in my collection. This one drops into the 80s but will continue making blaockbusters on my list for months to come!

 #72 Dream Home

It's been pretty steady on my list at #72 so I'm going to say it retains that ranking once again. Megan STILL hasn't played this game with me yet and I know she would love it. What a boon it would be for that to happen. This game might even start to climb if that happens.

#71 Drum Roll

Down from #64 last time, this game is so cool. With excellent artwork, a neat theme and all the kickstarter goodies I was able to pick up for it, this game should be safe in 70s come end of the year.

No comments: