Thursday, January 03, 2019

Things I miss from my childhood (1)


 Nothing was better when you were a kid than jumping in a pile of leaves. Why? We didn't know. It was just fun to do. I don't understand it now, but for some reason as a kid, it always brought a smile to my face!

This was how Dad got us to happily rake the yard for him. Something we hated but I pretended I was "sweeping the outside" every time I did it. The payoff at the end felt worth it.

I remember other kids around the block would start showing up once they saw you were almost done because they wanted to reap the rewards of your hard with along with you! But you always got the "first jump" It was a special privilege you took pride in.

And the bigger the pile the more the fun! Every once in a while you'd rake the pile back together again and by that time, everyone was helping you. But it was nothing but rinse and repeat for us.

Dang...the good ole days!!





No comments: