Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Top 100 (2019 predictions) #10-1

#10 Space Hulk

It was #11 last year when I said this game would never again see the Top 10 on my list. (it was #7 in 2016) But it defied odds and made it back in! Sadly, I have to predict this game will drop to my Top 30 only because I'm almost finished with the campaign and am worried if after I'm done with it, will this begin to drop like Mice and Mystics did when I finished its campaign as well? Guess I'll jst have to wait in see as the year goes by.

 #9 Orleans

I said last year this game was "solid" and wouldn't move....I was spot on. It was #9 last year so I'm going to say it once again holds its spot in the Top 10 by this time next year.

 #8 Fresco

Last year when it was #8 I thought it would drop out of my Top 10 but then I got to play it with all the expansions included and knew it would stay in my Top 10 thereafter. Competition down below on the list will continue to give this game a run for its money but if we keep playing games like we did last year, this game isn't budging!

 #7 Empires: Age of Discovery

At #36 last year I predicted this would make my Top 10 and it did. Superior worker placement game that carries so many paths to victory, there's nothing I don't like about it. Here's the deal, if I can play with a large amount of people....this game probably moves up. If not, it stays in the Top 10. End of story.

 #6 Vitivulture

At #7 last year I knew this one was a solid enough game to stay in my Top 10. I don't see anything changing in 2019 either. The Tuscany expansion is a MUST for this game or it falls down to my Top 30. No matter how many times I play it, I never get tired of it.

 #5 Grand Austria Hotel

At #6 last year this is another game that took a step up once Project Elite fell from grace. I didn't think it could go any higher on my list but this excellent dice drafting game exceeded expectations and moved into the elite Top 5 and I don't see it moving anytime soon.

 #4 Firefly

#5 last year, #3 the year before that. As long as I continue to play it, this game will never drop out of the Top 5. Best pick up and deliver game on the market!

 #3 Spartacus

#3 last year as well the only reason it doesn't go higher is because it's going up against games that are outside of its caliber. This game has, battles, bidding and betrayal. You don't need to watch the show to enjoy the game and my goodness is this a great game! Solid #3 in 2019 as well.

#2 Twilight Imperium (3rd Edition)

It's been #2 ever since I started my list and at the rate things are going it always will be. There is no other game like it and even though the 4th edition wasn't a big hit with my gaming group, we still brought it to the table 4 times this year, as always. But in 2019 we'll be going back to using the 3rd edition until more expansions come out for the 4th. 
#1 Strat-o-matic Baseball

#1 since the creation of my list and no one will ever know how much this game means to me. I look forward to December as a Draft in new players, retire old and trade a few from team to team and this January 1st started my 2019 season. Not sure if I'll be able to finish it before the babies come but my goal is to get as much of the season over with as I can before they arrive. I can't see this game ever being toppled unless I'm unable to play my seasons every year and with twins coming...who knows?

Thanks folks,  this may have been boring for some of you but I love making these predictions then coming back a year later to see how I did.

Have a good one!


No comments: