Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Top 100 (2019 predictions) #60-51

 #60 Finca

A new game I squeezed on to my list at the 11th hour. A fantastic game that's getting a well deserved reprint. I believe this game could rise up a few more spots at the end of the year.

 #59 Via Appia

Oh Queen Games how I love you. This one was #57 last year so the only way it's dropping is due to more games being added to my collection.

 #58 Quartz

I called it last year, saying it would slip down a little from #50 in 2017. It was #44 the year before that so if the trend consist, I think this'll land in the 60s this year. Nothing against the game though. I love push-your-luck, even though I never win them.

 #57 Kings of Israel

A great COOP game that well eventually drop lower next year only due to no one wanting to play with me. This one got a reprint last year too which is good. The game deserves more attention than it gets!

 #56 Queen's Architect

At #54 last year, I called this one as well, saying it'd slip a bit but remain in my Top 60. I think I'll make the same prediction for this year too.

 #55 Sagrada

A game I mocked for being "over-rated" before playing it has taught me to be more careful of what I say in the future! The expansion is going to help push this great game a few more spots up next time, I'm sure of it.
#54 Tobago

Great looking game and one that gets requested a lot from my group. This is another game I called last year in saying it would either move up or down in spot. Well last year it was #53 so that should tell you I pretty much nailed this one on the money. I'll go ahead and say it drops a few more spots only due to newer game that will be incoming.

#53 At the Gates of Loyang

I like the game but my gaming group would rather play something else which is why is made a hard drop from #28 on my list last time. I myself am not a big Uwe Rosenburg fan but this game is an exception. I love to play it!

#52 Mekator

Another game I got at the very beginning of 2018 and enjoy playing as well from Uwe Rosenburg. Again, this game isn't even mentioned by his fans so once again I stand in the minority on which games I like over others but it's a pretty solid game with a lot of choices and I love playing it. Only problem is, this is another game my group isn't particular found of. (Uwe gets no love in my group) If that continues to be the case I predict these fall into the 60s for the next list.

#51 Meixca

Area control at its finest. I went low with this game at first but if I play it more in 2019, I believe it stands a good chance of climbing up on my list. The pieces to this game alone are stunning to look at!

No comments: