Thursday, January 24, 2019

Top 100 (2019 predictions) #40-31

 #40 Sons of Anarchy

This game gets no respect...even on my list! It was #27 in 2017 and #36 in 2016 so its bounced around my list the past few years. This is a low point for it and the longer Megan goes without playing it, it's going to hurt it more. My wife loves the TV show and wants to play the game with me but the times its come out she wasn't interested. If the trend continues, this one will fall even lower. (just like I predicted last year)

 #39 Deep Sea Adventure

From being #52 on the list last time this game continues to soar on my list. I haven't gotten tired of it yet! There's a lot of game in this little box and just like last year, I'm going to predict it continues moving up the ranks in 2019.

 #38 Dice Forge

This dice building game is the only of its kind. If it had a better theme it'd be much higher on my list but that withstanding, it's a solid game. I'm pretty sure it will hold right here in the 30s at the end of the year.
 #37 Aladdin's Dragons

Old enough to qualify for my vintage game list, this game is incredible. It deserves a reprint. Don't let the cover fool you. Wonderful game that my gaming group highly enjoys! I'm going to predict it stays in the 30s whether it moves up or down, it won't be by much.

 #36 Ristorante Italia

Last year at #42 I thought I nailed it for where it should rank but this game surprises me more and more and moved up the list this time. And well deserved too! Great game about running your own restaurant. I believe this game stays in the Top 40 again in 2019.

 #35 Big City

Right after my videos I saw they are reprinting this game. Wow. Good for them! This game could rise high on my list next time because I'm loving the many aspects to the game and finding new strategies to win as well. If the reprint didn't cost over $200 I'd have gotten it. But for now, I'm happy with the OG in my possession.

 #34 Cleopatra and the Society of Architects

Last year I called it. I said it wouldn't move out of the Top 40 and it almost reclaimed its exact position on the list from last year at #33. Solid game. Everyone in my gaming group always loves to see this one at the table. We all have a good time. AND it's receiving a reprint as well! 2019 is shaping up to be quite a boon for reprints!

 #33 Coal Baron

at #31 last year I called this one too. I said it'd drop a few spots but that was all. I'm making the same call for this year as well. Nothing bad about the game but it may give up some ground to other games below it depending on how the plays go.

 #32 Descent

It was #12 in 2017 and #6 in 2016 so why the big drop? As I said in the video, this game didn't get played until after I'd recorded the videos in late November. We have played it since so I expect it to climb a few spots on the list in 2019 but am not sure it can make it back into my Top 20 because once you fall out, it's hard to get back in!

#31 Eketorp

In my review last year I said this game (ranked at #39) could go up.... I was right. Unbelievable game by Queen Games. A hidden gem in their collection to be sure. This game is the reason I don't want to play any other viking game. Love it and I'll be bold and say it finally cracks into the Top 30 next year!

No comments: