Monday, January 28, 2019

Top 100 (2019 predictions) #20-11

 #20 Lancaster

I must say I shouldn't be surprised to see this game rise from #25 last year into my Top 20, but I am. Last year I was afraid it would slip, but playing it with 5 players set it shooting up the list for me! Will be defy the odds and rise higher? I honestly don't see that but I was wrong last year when I said the exact same thing so who knows?

 #19 Amerigo 

My first Stefan Feld game and I love it. Kind of wild to say, but I see this making a run for my Top 10 in 2019. The cube tower that determines what type of actions (and how many) you can take, is simply brilliant!

 #18 Bruges

Another great one from Stefan Feld. Again, I'm going to predict that I could see both Stefan Feld games rise next year, maybe even have both in my Top 10. This one has so many decisions you can make just on one card! Amazing game! Really deserves a reprint.

 #17 Thrash'n Roll

At #16 last year I said if the expansion didn't come out for it (which it never did OR ever will now) this game would drop from my Top 20....then I played it more and changed my mind. It only dropped 1 spot and that's because of a new game I added. I love this game every time I play it. I'm pretty sure I'll see it here in my Top 20 once again at the end of the year.

 #16 Pay Dirt

At #21 last year I predicted this had what it took to move up the list and it did just that! I adore this bidding/worker placement game. So underrated! I think this is as high as it gets however because the competition above is tough to break though!

 #15 King's Abbey

#35 in 2017 I predicted it would be in my Top 20 and it is! Now all it has to do is hold on to its ranking. I think it'll slip a few spots but stay in the Top 20 again for the next list.

 #14 Project Elite

It has been #4 on my list for the past 2 years but finally fell a bit because of the gun issue I mentioned in my video. Since weapons are random, you can end up with something that doesn't go in sync with your players special ability. Like having a long range weapon with a short range character advantage. For that reason it dropped. But the new edition's coming out soon and that will impact whether this game moves back up into the Top 10, or slips a few more spots on the list.

 #13 Versailles

Oh my. Loved by myself and my gaming group. It was #56 last year because I must have lost my mind when thinking about it. I predicted it being in my Top 30 last year but it exceeded expectations and made a run for the Top 10 coming up just short! Honestly don't see it going up any further but who knows what'll happen in 2019!

 #12 Long Shot

I love this game. Megan loves this game. My gaming group loves this game...so it's no surprise to see this game move up my list once again! #15 last year and #16 before that, this game keeps galloping up my list every year and I have to say, I was wrong last year when I said I didn't think it would make it any farther. Now I'm just wondering if 2019 will be the year it finally makes it into the Top 10...I'm going to say "Yes"
#11 Santa's Workshop

Shocked out how fast this game flew up my list. Biggest opening for a new game in my collection. It shines over the X-mas season but I'd play it any time of the year. If the tradition keeps up, I know this will be in my Top 10. I was blown away on how awesome this game is.

No comments: