Friday, January 25, 2019

Top 100 (2019 predictions) #30-21


 #30 Century: Spice Road and Eastern Wonders

I love these games evenly. True it may be because Eastern Wonders is so new that they're tied but I really enjoy the differences and similarities to each game. I called it last year when I said it'd be a Top 30 game and it is. Now I'm going to predict it rises even further on the list in 2019 because I'm finding new ways to love this game every time I play it!

 #29 Scoville

At #23 last year I could've sworn it was on the doorstep of cracking the Top 20, instead it went down. Maybe due to the last time I played the group I was with wasn't into it as much. But I still love this game and though it looks like it'll drop more ext year, I'm sure it'll remain in the Top 40.

 #28 Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit

At #13 last year there was a time in 2018 when I thought this could make my Top 10, but I didn't get to play it last year and that's what led to it slipping in the ranks. I'm not ready to move it to the vintage list either because it's still going toe to toe with some great games. I predict I play this again and it takes back a spot in the Top 20!

 #27 Food Chain Magnate

At #19 last year I saw this one trending up but it went down. I have no idea why because 2018 marked the first time I ever won the game! I hear they're coming out with an expansion this year for it and I'm all ears about that! If I get to play it then expect this one to shoot back up in the rankings next time.

 #26 Stone Age

At #32 last year I said if it got enough plays it would see my Top 30 and it did. PLUS this also got a reprint so now its readily available to more people which is a good thing. This year I feel its going to be tough to stick around but it still stays in my Top 30.

 #25 Livingstone

At #17 I predicted this one right as well when I said it'd get bumped down to the Top 30. The reason I gave last time is the same I'll give now. There's a lot of up and coming games below that with a few more plays could jump this spectacular game so I predict it drops out of my Top 30 in 2019.

 #24 Las Vegas

At #18 I was concerned this game would drop a little due to it being such a simple dice game. Those fears turned out to be true and I think it'll happen again in 2019. Fun dice game but you could easily make your own version of it at home.

 #23 The Voyages of Marco Polo

I'm not kidding, this one could hit my Top 10 next year. I think it'll hit the Top 20 for sure. Incredible game that floored me the first time I played it and the more I see of the game the more I like it. Why it took me so long to find out about this game I don't have a clue.

 #22 Stockpile

At #14 last year I said it'd never drop from my Top 20....and it did. Dang! Competition was tough this past year! I believe this one doesn't move much on my list. Such a great game and I never get tired of playing it.

#21 Splendor

#20 in 2017, #21 in 2016 yep...that's consistent! The expansion didn't effect the rating of this game much for me at all. I still love it more than Century Spice Road and it continues to be a hit at the table so I'm going to say it becomes #20 again in 2019 to keep up the statistics.

No comments: