Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Top 200 Board Game prediction for 2020 (150-141)

 150) Pizarro and Co

Great game but may be a little too simple to play and that'll hurt it in 2020.

 149) Mississippi Queen

I think the Queen will ride past others on the list that'll slide but in the end still end up a few spots lower than where it is now.

 148) Explorers of the North Sea

I think this game is going to soar on my list now that I have a complete expansion set for it. That may have bugged me a little more than it should've, leading to a lower ranking than the game deserved. So I'm saying it rises higher this year. 

 147) New Bedford

I have a feeling this one is trending up too due to it being a solid worker placement game.

 146) Bohemian Villages

Fun fast game. Don't know how it'll do this year. I think it'll slip a little on the list next year but that's all.

 145) Vienna

I love dice placement but the problem with this game is there's usually only one strategy people have at the beginning of the game that they stick with. Making the game a little repetitive if played multiple times.
 144) The River

Tight worker placement. I think this has a chance of climbing on my list this year.

 143) Yspahan

Another game that's hard to call. I want to say it moves up but a part of me says it falls a little. I DO have the mini expansion for the game that I hear elevates it but looking over it I'm not sure how. So I'm going to say it drops unless "The Souks" is amazing.

 142) Sentient 

Another hard one to call. Being it's a real mind bender at times I say AP pushed it down a little on my list.
141) Coney Island

The more I play this game the more I enjoy it. It's a solid game that just can't seem to catch a break on my list. Though it drops in 2020 (I predict) I think it stays in my Top 150.

No comments: