Monday, February 24, 2020

Top 100 Board Games 2020 Predictions (100-91)

 100) Dice Hospital 

Going to be hard to hang on to the Top 100 spot with many games entering the collection every year. But the good new for this game is it has an expansion on the way that looks pretty good. In it there's a maternity ward and pink little dice that represent babies.

I'm excited to play it and if it's good, then this game stays in the Top 100. If it flops, it drops.

 99) Toledo

A fantastic sword making game that stayed in the Top 100 last year but barely. I'm not sure it can stay in 2020 due to so many new games coming in every year so I think this is the last time it makes my Top 100.

 98) Burger Boss

I love the theme of this game but it's not enough to save it from dropping in my Top 100. Really rare a game this low moves up. And I've played this enough to know, there's nothing new to add. Great game, but it'll drop in the rankings for sure.

97) Biblios Dice

Awesome dice game but I don't think it'll come to the table enough to stay in the Top 100 this year.

 96) Porta Nigra

Very popular in my gaming group but I don't think that'll be enough to keep it in the Top 100 come end of the year.
 95) Hamburgum

I love the rondel. I love the history and I love the gameplay but all 3 aren't enough to save a game that's been slowly sliding lower on the list every year. This year is when it drops from the Top 100.

 94) Conquest of Nerath

Probably the best war game in my collection. Though I love it, straight up war games aren't my favorite, so I think it's gone from the Top 100 as well.

 93) Mexica

An area control game that looks beautiful on the board. But I think this is also it's last year in the Top 100 as area control isn't my favorite mechanism.

 92) Architects of the West Kingdom

I could hear a collective gasp from the internet when I ranked this game so low but that's because it was still new to me back then. With an expansion on the way and more plays to be had, I believe this game will rise on my list this year.

91) Crown of Emara

Another game in my collection that didn't get enough plays to justify a higher rank last year. This year I think this one also rises in rank in 2020.

No comments: