Monday, February 03, 2020

Top 200 Board Game prediction for 2020 (preview)

Now that I've finished my Vintage Game list it's now time to go over my Top 200. But first, I want to talk about the 6 games that didn't make the cut and if they have a chance this year to make it in the Top 200 or not.

 206) Blockbuster

I like the game but it'll get old after 4 plays because you're dealing with the same movies. So I hope to dump it on someone when Megan's not looking and remove it from my collection.

 205) Santorini

My nephews used to love this game but they've moved on from it and so have I. I'll look to trade it and may bring it out once in 2020 for a play thru but that's about it.

 204) Captain Bones Gold

This game will be eligible for the vintage list this year so it will be removed from this list going forward. I expect it'll do pretty good on my Vintage list. Possibly making it into the Top 40.

 203) Road Kill Rally

I'll have to look into the eyes of my gaming group in shame this year as we play this one and they know it didn't make my Top 200 though a lot of them would place this one in their Top 10. I don't think this stands a chance of breaking into my Top 200 with new games constantly coming it. This ranking in 2019 was as close as it's going to get.
 202) Shark Mania

I love this game but it'll never move up until it moves to my Vintage list....which won't be for I think at least 5 more years. But it's a much better game than my ranking shows.

201) Sumo Ham Slam

This one is STILL popular with my nephews. It gets requested all the time in fact! Did I underestimate this game? Though it just missed out getting in I don't think it'll make it due to so many new games joining my collection this year.

Tomorrow, I start making predictions on my Top 200. See you then!

No comments: