Wednesday, January 08, 2020

How to Earn Trust

Continuing my series for making myself better in 2020 I'd like to share with you ways on how to build trust.

1) Be sincere

Don't just say things you don't feel. Be sincere in your comments. If you can't be, then best not say anything at all.

2) Have a reputation of Trustworthiness

Can people trust you with a secret? I've STILL got secrets people have given me who aren't even living around here anymore that I keep. What's the point? Well, a secrets a secret and if it doesn't endanger others than I want to show that person that their trust in me is well warranted and that's the best way to do it.

3) Encourage Ideas from others

You don't always have to be the leader. Look to others for answers and insights into subjects you discuss. That act of faith in others easily transforms into trust in you over time.

4) Put others interest first

VERY IMPORTANT. Others should always be considered in your decisions and choices you make. It's the best way to build trust with those around you. Being considerate of others is a big step if not the biggest one here on the list.

5) Acknowledge your flaws

I covered this yesterday but the same applies in building trust as well.

No comments: