Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Top Fad I knew would fail

Today I'm going to toot my horn on a few stupid products that people bought by the masses that I knew were stupid from the get go.

The Koosh ball was the most idiot thing known to man. We had one, you had one, EVERYONE had one. But why? Because we liked our hands smelling like vomit after handling this thing for a few minutes?!
 
I never understood it's appeal and I never will.

 Lava Lamps. You heard me. I said Lave Lamps were dumb. Back in it's revival in the 90's when bell bottoms were back every kid wanted a lava lamp in their room but me. It made no sense. And all those folks who have a lava lamp, have it safely packed away in their closet or better yet, threw it out years ago to save themselves from embarrassment.

 Sports tape. A.K.A wrapping yourself up in duct tape and looking like a complete doofus. I only know of one girl who still does this and it looks ridiculous every time I see her. It serves no purpose and a banged or wrap is much more effective. The only thing sports tape applied to your body as this does, tells everyone you have no idea how your body works, let alone heals.

Idiocy!

 Pogs. Freaking pogs. And as I use this word, even my spell check doesn't know what I'm talking about. What was the point? Or better yet, why?! I always thought this was a dumb hobbies and stores were making a KILLING off of these jokers. Something that cost a fraction of a cent and sells for over $5 a pop had to have gone done in the retail world as the biggest scam they've ever pulled off on the public.

Unfortunately it wasn't their last.
Silly Bandz. I yelled "fad" when they first came out and the very next second that's exactly what they become. Rubber bands that were different colors and shapes and idiots kept buying them all over the place.

Another signal to let us know the human race will never evolve.

What about you? Any other fads you saw coming and going that I didn't mention?

Lemme know!

No comments: