Saturday, July 19, 2014

Essential Guide to Warfare (review)

A few weeks ago I finished this amazing gem that I'm so proud to have in my collection. I was so wrong when I first read about this book, instead of being a pointless rehash of stories from the movies and books it gives an incredible account and detail of connecting EVERYTHING in the EU.

Jason Fry has risen in my opinion, as being one of the top authorities on the expanded universe. Not only does he connect the random EU fiction into the greater story (i.e. Droids cartoon and comic strips) but he's the first person EVER to completely fit the entire Marvel comic series within continuity SEEMLESSLY! Something I wasn't quite sure could be done.

Jason has an astonishing attention to detail and wraps up as many continuity errors he can find within the EU. (some even I didn't realize) I haven't been this schooled by a book since "The Essential Reader's Companion"

I mark it a "must" for serious EU fans, all the amazing artwork inside is just the icing on a very delicious cake!

No comments: