Thursday, July 10, 2014

Children's toys you remember (2)

Here's my next batch for today!
Bubble pipes

I wonder if they make these anymore? Though I have nothing wrong with it it's wild these and candy cigarettes were sold to kids back in the day!

 The Playskool cash register is what I found in the nursery that day and had me thinking about the rest of these old toys in the first place. Remember pressing the green and red tabs for a sale, or cracking the handle to open the drawer?! I remember wishing all the coins were yellow since they looked more "real" than the red or blue ones.

 How many hid and seeks at night were conducted with this flashlight? I couldn't tell you. But do you remember how you could switch from red to white to green light on this? We also played "red light, green light" with this too. Now that I think of it, that may have been the purpose for the colors all along!

 Fisher Price Holiday Inn. Now that I see this toy I remember playing with the set. We'd fill the pool with water too I remember. I recall playing with every piece in this set! Perhaps this is why I love staying at a Holiday Inn so much today?

I don't know of a single person who didn't have this toy growing up. You could play tapes, record a tape (which is what I used it for the most) listen to the radio and even sing along while it played. It was the perfect toy and it got a lot of use at our house for years.

I'll come out with my last post on this topic tomorrow.

No comments: