Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Saddet moments in a film

Sure every chick flick is "sad" at one time. But what about really sad scenes that would make even the strongest man moist around the eyes. Here's my top 5:

 Untamed Heart

I just made fun of chick flicks and it's the first one on my list. Maybe I have a soft spot for Marissa Tomea and I KNOW I love me some Christian Slater but the ending f this was so sad I felt for her character in the end. He dies and gives her his "heart" I the form of those records he loved. He also "dies happy" in the film.

Dang man! Where's your sense of humanity! If that doesn't water the eyes I don't know what will!!

 Big Fish

I recently watched this movie again earlier this year and realized this may have been Tim Burton's best. Ewan McGregor's too for that matter. But the ending was so beautiful I HAVE to add this to my library next time I see it in the $5 bin, because it's worth 4 times as much with it's heart wrenching ending of where he lets his son finish the story of his life for him.

I can't tell you enough how incredible a film this is.

 Gladiator

I remember walking out of the theater stunned. The ending scene in the wheat field, on his way to visit his family.... after his death?!?

They say my heart grew 3 sizes in the theater that day.

 Up

I could've listed this yesterday in my picks for best openings in a movie, but wanted to save it till today. Pixar blew my mind away with this scene. They made you care about this character in only 10 minutes.

Seriously, I don't think Pixar will be able to top this scene for the rest of their existence.To show someone's complete life without any words spoken is one of the greatest achievements in any film I've ever seen.

Toy Story 3

Andy plays with his toys one last time and you're watching it saying in your head "DO NOT BREAK DOWN. THIS IS JUT A MOVIE!!'

I carried a lump in my throat the whole time, I admit. It's something every kid can relate to when they're down playing with toys and moving on with life.

A powerful scene that was masterfully done. If you didn't have tears during it, the there's a place for you on Vulcan you cold hearted, green blooded alien!

That's my Top 5. What's yours?

No comments: