Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Do you remember? (6)

Let's talk about a few old stores today:
 Waldon Books

I loved Weldon Books. I shopped there every time I went to the mall. If they'd have stayed open I never would have bought books from anywhere else. They were great. I have SO many good memories at this store it broke my heart when they closed it in Monroe and hurt a little in 2011 when I heard they'd all closed.

I'd buy the franchise if I were rich.
 Burger King

Remember the old style Burger King? The "whopper" sign is almost as big as their title! It looks dated now, but if you grew up on the day, a memory of this store just popped back up in your head.

IHOP

Remember the classic high blue roofs these things had? Though very dated it also made it unique.

Kentucky Fried Chicken

Remember when they had a bucket on top of their sign? I loved that bucket! Don't know why the opted out of it. It was so unique. Oh well.

Any other stores you remember back in the day that look different or are no more now?

No comments: