Friday, July 18, 2014

Best TV deaths

I'm cheating on my theme for the week but I can't help but talk about what I believe were the top 5 most shocking deaths on television.

 24 - Terry Bauer
The ending to 24's first season literally had me and my cousin fall off the couch and on to the floor in shock. Years later this is arguably the greatest death scene in TV history. You think Terry's safe for the first time since the show began and BAM, she's been betrayed by Jack's best friend Nina.

Simply incredible.
 Dexter - Rita

They should have ended the show right here. We say that now, but if they had ended it here you know we'd all be screaming for more. Rita's death not only hit the "reset" button on Dexter's humanity it also gave us the chilling realization that the Trinity killer had already one.

To bad I can't say the same for the rest of the series!

 Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Buffy's Mom

It was 2am when I swore to myself that I'd stop watching Buffy (for the first time) and go to bed. Then the episode ended with Buffy returning home from her adventure only to find her Mother lying dead on the couch.

I cursed myself for ever starting this series in the first place, popped in the next DVD and suffered at work the next day from a lack of sleep.

 The Walking Dead - Sophie

About any death scene is shocking in this show but the death of young Sophie took every comic book fan by surprise. As some of you know, she makes it a long way in the comics. Killing her off so early in the show had my best friend and I looking like a slack-jawed walker as well!

Side note: Her Dad went to Auburn and gave me a vibrant "War Eagle" when I met his daughter for the first time. I like her even more knowing this about her!


The Shield - Lem

You watch this show every season and though you don't know how, you KNOW it's all going to work out for Mackey and the gang in the end. Then Lem dies and turns your whole world upside down. If you don't know what I'm talking about watch this show and see. It's so good even giving away this death scene in the final season won't ruin the overall story line in it.

Some of you may recall, The Shield even got in my Top 5 best TV series endings as well so me adding to another sit just goes to show you how much I think of it.

That's my 5. What's yours?

No comments: