Saturday, July 05, 2014

Akrham Prigins: DLC Review

Time to analyze the DLC for the game!


The "skins" packs were so-so. I give them credit for going with different costumes than earlier games. However, you can't play as Robin unless you buy "Xbox Gold" and the only 2 cool costumes in both sets were "Darkest Night" and "Long Halloween" Batman. The rest weren't that impressive.

Being with Xbox I got to exclusive suits. "Brightest Day" and "Gotham by Gas Light" Batman. The first one being my favorite of the two, but it loses out when compared to what PS3 owners got...

 "Knightfall" and "1966 TV Show" Batman!!! The coolest Batman skins of all and I won't see a single one thanks to Xbox. Dang!

Overall, the skins aren't worth it.

"Iniative" is the DLC exclusively for Xbox. It costs $6 and is SO not worth it. All it is, is more challenge maps. Just as Bruce Wayne. That's it. They're not very exciting or new either.

On the other hand, PS3 players got this:

A super cool adventure that sadly I will never see. Don't know how they do it but I see why PS3's stay leagues ahead of Xbox on all points.

"Cold Cold Heart"
This DLC was surprising worth the price! For $10 you get more than you did with "Harley's Revenge" Instead of one contained environment where you can't do much outside the scope of the adventure, this one let's you wonder around 2 sections of Gotham, with several "side adventures" to solve along the way.
 
Not only was I surprised but I'm extremely pleased with this game. It raised the bar in what I'll consider what a good DLC is!



No comments: