Thursday, July 24, 2014

Do you remember? (4)

 Crystal Pepsi

Pepsi without the food coloring. That's all it was... and I LOVED it!!!

Unfortunately, I'm was in the 1% of people who loved it too and it was quickly canceled.

I wish they'd try to bring it back one more time...

 Josta

It was illegal to sell in certain states because of it's high caffeine count. (not kidding) That's why when we past by a store in Virginia that was selling them, we each bought a few.

I remember they tasted awful, but remember this was before the days of the "energy drink" and companies were trying to figure out how to sell a drink that would keep you awake.

Bray still has one on his shelf back at Mom's house. I wouldn't try it though. Who knows what that formula has mutated into by now.


 Cinnamon Toothpicks

Ok, no really a food but wasn't it weird we had toothpicks that tasted like cinnamon? I remember they carried these at the Chinese restaurant in town. I think the idea was to pick our teeth and freshen out breathe at the same time.

Who knows, right?

Surge

Oh my dear beloved drink. I don't know how it started but back in college EVERYONE thought I loved this drink. It wasn't bad but folks kept buying me them by the cases and it was something I became "known for" for some reason.

Like Josta, the was the energy drink BEFORE energy drinks. They discontinued it when real energy drinks started flooding the market because, what's the point anymore?

Though I do see a lot of fans of this drink online maybe they ought to think about resurrecting it sometime and see how it would fair on the market.

Hey, I'd try a 2 liter at least!

No comments: