Thursday, July 17, 2014

Best Movie Deaths

What were the best movie deaths in history? Here's my Top 5!

***WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD***

 Deep Blue Sea - Samuel Jackson

No one expected this scene where Jackson's character is snatched up by a shark and eaten toward the end of the film. Everyone in the theater jumped then at there in shock, trying to comprehend what happened.

Hat's off to the writer.
 Pan's Labyrinth - Ofelia
WHAAAAAT?! The little girl dies in the end?! I didn't think you could kill of a kid in a movie, much less the star?!

Well I stand corrected thanks to this little gem of movie here. Seriously, did anyone see this coming? It shocked me that's for sure!

 Scream 2 - Jamie Kennedy

Of all people besides the star I thought Kennedy's character would survive all 3 movies. Scream 2 marks the only time I literally screamed in the theater. I scream in disbelief. A giant "NO" of astonishment escaped my lips when I saw ghost face go in for the kill.

Wes Craven wanted to keep you on your feet for these films and he sure did in 2.

 The Mist - Everyone

A great film that plays perfectly to the Steven King novel. Though I've never read the book if it carried the same grim ending as the film... then whoa.

Believing there to be no hope for anyone, Thomas Jane kills everyone in the car (including his son) to save them from a cruel death of the monsters outside. Yet 30 seconds after doing so the army arrives and everyone's going to be fine..... yikes, right?

Megan hated this film so much we had to watch a Disney movie before going late to bed that night. She didn't want the last thing going through her head that night to be this film and I don't blame her. It was a groundbreaking shock.

Serenity - Wash

I remember it as if it were yesterday. The entire audience is laughing at his "Leaf in the wind" line when all of the sudden a spike shoots through the window and kills him... while we're all laughing.

Joss Whedon is a cruel man for coming up with that idea, but I love it. Your brain freezes as it comprehends what just happened. You saw my video of Charity's reaction when she first saw this. Mine was probably 10 times worse.

Probably the most shocking death scene I'll ever witness in a movie again. After that, I was positive everyone else in the movie was going to die, which definitely heightened your fear of a "happy ending" in the end.

Bravo Joss, bravo.

That's my 5. What's yours?

No comments: