Monday, July 21, 2014

Do you remember? (1)

Welcome to my new segment this week about things you may (or may not) remember. Here's my first set:

 Geo Safari

We had one growing up and I loved playing on this "learning toy" so much! I don't know why but it was like a challenge to memorize every quiz. Guess that was the point, right? To make learning fun? Well it sure was on this thing! The states and capitals were my favorite. It even had a timer before marking you wrong or showed you the correct answer if you got it wrong.

Learning will never be this fun for me again.

 Sticky Hands

I know they still sell them in gumball machines but I never see people with them like I used to anymore. It was fun to slap them against the window or on the table and walls. I never used it to grab anything, sticking it to a surface was the most fun. They didn't last long though did they? I think after the first day the sticky wore off and they became useless.

 Art Kit

We all had one. We all thought it was awesome and we ended up losing half of them around the house within the first month. I remember we all had one to share and it irritated me that after only a week we had colors missing.

I suspected Jordan and Caleb of eating them.... or worse. You wanted to use everything in the kid but once you used the paint pad, it never looked the same.

Why did every parent get one of these for their kid in the first place?! Isn't that like saying "Here Billy, now go draw something for Mommy on the walls"


Laser Pointers

The bane of every movie theater in the late 90's and early 2000's before cell phones were the enemy. You always had one jackass though, who brought one to the theater just to ruin the movie for you. They still sell them but no one uses them anymore..... hmmm... perhaps I should bring this menace back into the movies with me next time I go.....

More tomorrow!

No comments: