Friday, July 11, 2014

Children's toys you remember (3)

Here's my final list of toys you may remember and if these don't bring a rush of memories back to you... you're way too young for this posts!

 The Playskool rider is something every kid had back in the day. My little brother had this one and I remember it right down to the streamers. I was too big to ride it but it made for a great "tank" for my action figures to play on!

 I'd forgotten about this toy until I started making these posts. I remember the bottles being plastic and there being white and chocolate milk too. They'll never make this toy again since there's no such thing as the "milkman" anymore.

What a shame!

 Remember Playskool's Cobbler's Bench?! I couldn't tell you how many times I pounded the nails only to flip it over and start right back over again! I used to hammer as hard as I could to see how fast I took. Using a hammer to hit something was a great idea! Again it's a shame there's no such thing as Cobbler's anymore. Kids would've really loved to play with this toy!

 The Playskool record player is a classic among children's toys is it not? Winding it up to play hard plastic records that tuned to make a tune was just dang cool back in the day! We grew up listening to records as a kid and I'm proud to say that I got to experience it as a child.

This toy was truly one of the greats!
I flipped out when I saw this toy during my search and I hope you're doing the same thing now. Playskool's Mailbox was a toy Bray had (in fact, most of these toys I've mentioned the past few days were Brays) where you would fit the correct shape into the mailbox to deposit it and after you were done, just open it up and start over again. The perfect toy!
 
This is another one we repurposed for our action figures. See, the shapes were crystals hidden all over the house and our heroes had to go on adventures to find them so they could "unlock" the vault to get the treasure. (yep, I had quite the imagination as a kid) it was so much fun when we played like that.
 
Ok folks, that's all I had for you. Have a good weekend and I'll see you next week!


No comments: