Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Final Purge (2)


 Continuing my lists of vintage games that got purged there's this one. Which NEVER let us into either of the magic castles after 50+ plays. I don't get it. Why mark spots on the board you may never get access to? I love the concept of the game but grew bored the last time we played and decided I have plenty of vintage board games to play with my kids over the years. THIS, doesn't need to be one of them. 


Roll and fight. That's it. Simple but not good enough to keep. Like I've said in the past, you put this same game as "Voltron" and it probably stays. 


Finally for vintage games is Batman. Yes, I do love the art and the mechanics of the bat computer but the game DRAGS because for anything to happen you must roll the exact number to make the action. Hence lots of time is spent just moving back over one another hoping for that perfect roll. Utter waste of time, so I kissed these beautiful painted minis goodbye.


Yes, now we're done with vintage and moving into modern games. This is a great game. But I have the first one and really don't need this one. The only real difference is the jade used in this version but I haven't played it in years because I think the original is better. And since I don't need two copies of the same game, I've given this one the boot!

See you tomorrow!

No comments: