Friday, May 07, 2021

Sports stories (2)

 

My next story comes from the world of volleyball and it happened around the same time as my basketball embarrassment. 

I formed a team for intramural play and we entered a tournament. We were good. All of us. I built the perfect team. 

But in one game we played, the judge was obviously friends of the other team and was giving them all the calls....and it was painfully obvious too. 

The other team would be in the net and he wouldn't call it. Another time a ball hit the bleachers and he called "in" to give them the go ahead point. 

It got so ad at one point that the other judge had to come over and talk to him about his calls. We lost the game and I was so pissed I told him off in the hallway back to the locker room. He was in one of my classes that semester and I remember scaring him so bad that he ended up dropping the class to avoid me. 

I must have been more angry than I remembered. 

Even better, 3 years later I saw him again at a restaurant. We were at the same birthday party. I decided to be nice and not bring it up but when he did....I saw red and had the argument all over again. Needless to say he left (scared once again at what I would do) while I had everyone at the table look at me like "What was that about?" 

I tried telling them of the game in question but was reminded it was 3 years ago and I should let it go. 

They were right. But if I ever see him again......

Have a good weekend folks! 

No comments: