Wednesday, May 19, 2021

NLU Stories (5)

 

 That same Speech class we had another "Show and Tell" speech due which well had to demonstrate something. Mine was on wrestling holds where I used my younger brother Bray to help demonstrate the holds on. 

But the best one came from 2 other guys in our class. Once of them was a member of the ROTC and he decided to repel down the 3 story building unknowingly from the class. The teacher gave him an F. 

But the best one came from a kid whose Dad owned a boa constrictor snake which he brought to class hidden in a huge duffle bag. When he brought it out, everyone fled to the back of the room except me who was too dumb to realize it a real snake at first. But when I was the only one still in his chair (sitting up front) I felt it looked so cool that I had to maintain the image. 

I was scared to death. And that snake kept slithering out of his hands and up to my feet. After all was said and done, I didn't get attacked from the snake, the kid got an F and for one moment, I was considered the most fearless kid in class....at least, that's what I thought.   

No comments: