Monday, May 17, 2021

NLU Stories (3)


 Another example of my bad attitude came later on in my freshman year when I took a biology lab from the grad student who cared NOTHING about the class. She cared so little that she was hardly there and even ended up giving us a generic test from another teacher on subjects she never got around to teaching us. 

She had her friend sit in and collect the tests while she left for the day. It was so unprofessional I couldn't stand it. So I signed my name to the test without answering a single question, walked up in front of the class, slammed my blank test down and said to the class "If she's not going to take the time to be with this class, I'm not taking the time to take this test!"

All at once the entire class agreed with me and the stand in had a student revolt on her hands. She begged the class to sit back down and take the test. When we didn't, she threatened to get the dean. 

"Get the dean!" I declared. "We'll tell him the same thing!"

While she left to go get him, I decided the class was pretty much stirred up enough to stand up to the dean on their own so I went to lunch. 

After I left, the dean came in, ordered everyone to sit down and take the test....and the entire class caved in and did it but me. 

I ended up getting a 0 on the test and the ire of the grad assistant for the rest of the semester. In true fashion I came to her at the end and begged forgiveness, asking for a chance to raise my score from a 70. 

Because I'd made A's in the last two test afterwards she agreed to give me a chance and write an essay for a B. I agreed and went to writing about the white tiger. 

Problem was, I knew nothing about the white tiger nor did I care to write an essay. So instead I wrote one informative page and made up the rest thinking she wouldn't read past page one. 

She did and I ended up with a well deserved C for that year.  

No comments: