Friday, May 21, 2021

NLU Stories (7)


 Once in a Spanish class, my grades were so good that the teacher allowed me and another student a chance to go out with the advanced class to eat. The only rule was we could only speak Spanish. Knowing little but feeling confident I accepted. 

During dinner a Spanish monk and I had started up a conversation. But halfway into it, he'd lost me in the conversation and I couldn't understand what he was asking me. 

After what felt like forever the frustrated monk broke out into English "I'm asking if you're studying to a lawyer! The word is "lawyer"

Getting a monk frustrated with me so much that he broke the no English rules the teacher thought was hilarious.  I saw him 2 years ago and the professor told me he still tells stories about me to his class all the time. 

Glad I was able to make an impression on someone while I was there. 


Have a good weekend folks!

No comments: