Thursday, May 20, 2021

NLU Stories (6)


 I was friends with a lot of teachers by my 2nd year in college. My history teachers were great and I loved being a part of their classes. He once told me a story of when he was in college and he'd arrived late for a test because he was out bowling instead. 

Around the time finals came, I got caught doing the same thing. Enjoying a game of bowling, I quickly realized I'd missed my final exam. I ran to the classroom towards the end and lied to the teacher telling him my car had died. 

When the class left I ended up telling him the truth. He laughed and let me stay that next hour taking the test. I guess he appreciated my honestly and the irony that he'd told me about doing the same exact thing when he was young. 

He was my favorite professor at the school. He passed away over a decade ago but I'll never forget his classes. 

No comments: