Wednesday, May 26, 2021

NLU Stories (10)


 I was in a philosophy class my last semester in school and again it was a blue book test, which meant easy "A" for me. 

Supposedly, our class was so good the teacher recommended the class for "Class of the Year" and a film crew came in to do a piece on us. 

There was one problem. During class, I usually sat in the back and read comic books the whole time. 

So when the cameras were set up, I had to find a seat where they couldn't see me reading comics. (not like I was smart enough to let this stop me from goofing off in class mind you) 

Well halfway thru the class, they switched the camera positions without me noticing and had a straight recording of me sitting in the back reading comics. I remember looking up straight into the lens too....slowly packing my comics back into my bag. 

The teacher had also told the crew that I was one of her shining students. (to make it worse) So afterwards they interviewed me and (of course) the question came up about the comics. 

I just smiled and said "Why not?"

This was NLU for you after all. Their motto should have been exactly those words. 

No comments: