Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Top 100 Board Games 2020 Predictions (40-31)

 40) Descent

No game got played more in 2019 than this one. But my nephews are slowly burning out on the game which means this one's going to drop a good bit this year. Really hope I can get through the rest of the adventure quests before that happens but we still have a lot more to go through before that happens.

 39) Speicherstadt

Great Stefon Feld game, I'm saying will move up my list. Want this game? It's now called Jorvik. It's cheap and worth your time to play!

 38) Firenze

Another fun fun game that'll shift a few spots lower on the list in 2020.

 37) Valparaiso

I think this game's going to move down. I hate to be so negative this year on my games but so many times they move down no matter how much I love them that I have to be honest when making these predictions.

 36) Valletta

This game needs more plays but at the moment I think it'll drop slightly on the list as new games get added.

 35) Scoville

Great pepper game with awesome strategies for victory that aren't all the same! I think this game will move down a little as well when other games get added to the list.

 34) Coimbra

I played this game a lot then shelved it. I think it deserves to be ranked higher on my list and with more plays coming this year I think it will rise in rank!

 33) Tobago

This game is one of kind and has some excellent pieces that go with it. I think it moves down a little though because I don't seeing coming to the table as much as it did last year.

 32) Merkator

My favorite Uwe Rosenburg game. I think it moves down slightly due to my sole nay-sayer in my group who pouts every time I bring it out. Though I did win by finally obtaining the "Peace Treaty" card that I previously thought was unattainable!

31) Coal Baron

Every year I wonder if this game is good enough to hang in my Top 30 and after a play I know it is. So this stays in the Top 40 this year but moves down a few spots.

No comments: