Monday, March 09, 2020

Top 100 Board Games 2020 Predictions (10-1)

 10) Orleans

BEST bag game in the market! It won't be leaving my Top 10 though it's on the edge.

 9) Russian Railroads

BEST new game of 2019. First time ever to make it into my Top 10 with one year. I think this game isn't finished moving up my list...Top 5 even? We'll see....

 8) Marco Polo

There's a newer version "Marco Polo 2" coming out next year. I plan on getting it but unsure if it'll make much a difference on this game moving up. In fact, this game could move down if the game is underwhelming.
 7) Santa's Workshop

I think it's reached the highest it'll ever get on my list. It drops a little this year but remains in my Top 10.

 6) Empires: Age of Discovery

One of the best worker placement games I have in my collection. If any game above it falters, this game will move in to replace it.

 5) Grand Austria Hotel

I play this game a lot every year. If it falls (which is doubtful) it won't be by much.

 4) Firefly

Every year I wait for this game to drop on my list and every time I play it, it only reaffirms it's spot. I'm guessing it does it again this year.

 3) Spartacus

This game has always been #3 on my list and I think nothing will change in 2020. Just wish they would make more expansions for such an excellent game.

 2) Viticulture

This game catapulted to my #2 spot last year and I don't think it's letting go of the title any time soon. Now that I have all the expansions I can't imagine playing it any other way!

1) Twilight Imperium 

It claimed the #1 spot last year and the only way it vacates that spot is if it doesn't get played in 2020. Not going to happen though this time we'll be playing 3rd edition until the 4th edition gets more expansions added to it.

Looking forward to seeing how these games end up at the end of the year. Until then....it's time to get playing!!!

No comments: