Thursday, June 26, 2014

Survivor's who almost returned!

I was reading an article the other day about Survivor contestants who almost returned for later shows but didn't. Instead of posting the link to it, I thought I'd just give you the cliff notes on what I read.
 Stephanie LaGrossa

The most pathetic Survivor contestant EVER but they still asked her to come back again and play. She was asked backed for Survivor Philippines but thankfully was pregnant and couldn't do it. I can't stand her anyway, so I'm glad she didn't come back.
 Rudy Boesch
He was considered for Heroes vs Villains but was turned down because of age. He was 81 at the time and according to him ge'd "never felt better" but CBS didn't want to risk it.

It's a shame, but I understand. Rudy will still be one of the all time greats for me.
 Brian Heidik
He was asked back for All-Stars but declined. Rumor has it he's been wanting back in ever since but Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett have banned him from the show ever since news of him shooting a dog at point blank range, hit the papers a few years earlier. Though an accident as told by Brian, Mark and Jeff are quoted as saying they feel "uncomfortable" with letting him back on the show.

Again, a shame. He was a smart player and I'd love to see if he still has it after all those years off the island.
 Ethan and Jenna

Both were asked to return, but they turned it down. No reason was given but I believe they're done with reality TV for now.

Though it'd be fun to see them back, I won't miss them either.
 Banded from Survivor because Jeff Probst said "He quit and quitters don't get to return" the fact is on the show he didn't quit. He was voted out. The real reason cropped up a few years earlier when at an after party for Survivor, Jonny Fairplay had an incident with Jeff and his then girlfriend that led to Probst never wanting him on the show again.

He wishes were granted and one of the most devious players of the game (like Russell Hantz) will never return to the show again.

Sad. 
Matt Elrod

Christian Matt was a powerhouse on Redemption Island. He was a beloved character and fan favorite who has reportedly turned down playing Survivor again because he didn't want the show "defining his life"

Though I respect his decision I'm bummed he won't be returning to the show again.

No comments: