Saturday, June 07, 2014

Honor Among Theievs review

So I've finished this book after months of dragging my feet to read it (since it'll be the last new Star Wars book I'll ever read) I have to say that it was kind of ho-hum.

James A Corey writes well but it's set in the "Rebellion Era" which is between the 1st 2 movies and is one of the most crowded eras in the Expanded Universe. I get everyone wants to tell stories of Han, Luke and Leia on the run from the Empire, but from the looks of the EU timeline you'd just about to have to assume that every day within those 2 years have been filled with stories!

Besides that, the book also had the "end of the universe" super weapon that the rebellion had to stop the Emperor from getting his greedy little Sith paws away from. Reading other reviews it's funny how so many people didn't mind this story plot though they berate Kevin J Anderson for doing the whole "super weapon" in his books. Proving the inconsistent and down right bias view of my favorite author.

I digress.

The book was ok, Luke's hardly in it but then again this book was meant to follow Han. I wouldn't rank it in the Top 10 by any means, but I'd put it floating in the middle with the rest of the Star Wars novels.

And now that my vacation videos are over I'm considering posting reviews on ALL the Expanded Universe material I have. Comics, books, shorts and RPG's. It's going to be a huge undertaking but I think I'm up for the task!

I guess only time will tell if I actually go thru with it.

No comments: