Wednesday, June 25, 2014

10 Best movie cameos

If you saw it in theaters or just in the trailer, you know that Christopher Lloyd had a hilarious cameo in "A Million Ways to Die in the West" In which he reprised his role from Back to the Future. It was a GREAT cameo and after the movie was over I knew it had to be in my top 10 cameos of all time!

Then I got to thinking, what ARE the best cameos of all time?!

So in no particular order, here they are!

 Anchorman 2: Liam Nielson

Anchorman 2 was a disaster to watch, but it's saving grace was the several cameos during the "News Crew" fight scene. But since I'm limiting myself to just one, I'll pick Liam, representing the History Channel. Hilarious! Though Jim Carrey is an honorable mention too.
 Zombieland: Bill Murray

Or as they refer to him in the movie "Bill F***ing Murray" survives the zombie apocalypse, disguised as a zombie of himself. Great dialogue and delivery from the veteran actor which made this scene a show stealer for the movie.
 Spiderman 2: Bruce Campbell

Though he appeared in all 3 movies, 2 was my favorite of them all, as he shushes and denies Peter Parker access to MJ's performance since he arrived to late for the show. Why we're STILL waiting for him to come back for another Evil Dead movie is mind-boggling!
 Scream 3: Jay and Silent Bob

One of the biggest surprises in the film was their cameo. Though minor, I couldn't stop laughing at it, after I'd left the theater. Jason Mews remembers getting paid $300 and a free t-shirt for the shoot. He loved it so much he asked Kevin Smith if they wanted to continue making cameos instead of movies since it was "way more fun"
 The Protector: Jackie Chan

Looking at websites, I'm the only one who has this on their list and I doubt most people know it exist! Tony Jana (a rising martial arts star in America, who had starred in hits like Omg Bak) was starring in his first movie to receive an American big box opening was graced with the presence of a Jackie Chan cameo in the opening moments of the film.

While traveling in an airport the 2 bump into each other, turn to fight, recognize each other, Jackie then picks up his bag, bows and leaves. Giving his nod of approval for the next rising star of martial arts films.

Now that's class!
 Maverick: Danny Glover

I'd totally forgotten about this cameo until I saw the movie again last year. Glover is a bandit who's robbing a bank, Maverick is at. There's a hilarious moment of realization between the two (signifying they're prior Lethal Weapon films) but they shake it off as Glover delivers his classic line from the series and departs.

Awesome.
 Run Ronnie Run: Jeff Goldbloom

No one may remember this movie, let alone the cameo but to me it was one of the best. Jeff plays himself who has attended a "spiritual camp" and that he just realized is a complete waste of time. The scene is him asking for his money back and it's one of the best parts in the movie. I loved it!

In movies or cameos, it's always good to see his face!
 Wayne's World 2: Robert Patrick

Reusing his T2 role, Patrick makes a short but hilariously unexpected cameo in Mike Myers movie. Almost forgot about this one till someone reminded me of it when I told them my idea to make this post.

Thanks Bruce!
X-Men First Class: Hugh Jackman
 
Though not a fan of the movie, I'll admit this cameo by Hugh was pretty sweet. I can't quote his line but it's unquestionably the funniest moment in the film.
 
That's my Top 10. What's yours?
 

No comments: