Sunday, June 22, 2014

Essential Guide to the Force

Last month I decided to collect the "new" essential guide books that came out a few years back. The one I wasn't that crazy about buying was this one. Reading the summary didn't help either, I had NO interest in buying this book It was merely to complete.

Wow, did I underestimate it though.

I read it first thinking it would be the worst and it turns out it was one of the finest reads I've had in a while!

The story (yes, it's a story) takes place during the events of Legacy of the Force series after Mara Jade's death. It begins with an intro by Tionne where she describes a Great Holocron that was found a few years earlier that she's been studying. The "book" is a collection of accounts that happened in history all coming from the Holocron. And it's more than just a repetition of what's happened in the books.

They have several commentaries and accounts of other events that happened though time. I was enthralled from front to back cover of this book.

I'm almost done with the next guide now and I'll start on the last one soon so hopefully I'll have their reviews later on next weekend.

That's all for now folks!

No comments: