Thursday, June 19, 2014

Batman Beyond review

Last month I finished watching a show I've avoided seeing for years.

Batman Beyond.

You all know I was a fun of the original Batman series but when this came out, I was getting "too old" for cartoons and frankly didn't care about the futuristic story line.

Boy was I missing out.

The series (though not as good as the original) was still worth my time to see. At first it was hard, getting used to the new feel of the show. But as the first season carried on, I started getting used to the characters and recurring villains.

The mystery of what had happened to Robin, Nightline and Batgirl was an allure that was sadly cut short due to the series only making it 3 seasons, but watching Return of the Joker at the end of the series had it's payoff. I'm halfway tempted to buy to buy it but am holding off for now.

Favorite episode hands down was in season 3 "Out of Time" Talia coming back to make Bruce an offer to dip into the Lazarus pit and become young again. Loved it.

I also watched Justice League, but I'll do that review later.

No comments: